Last Saturday evening Travis was moved to Pod A! This is still in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit but is an area where the babies are getting ready to head home. It seems quieter, and all the babies are a good size.
As of yesterday evening around 6pm he has been totally off of the oxygen and breathing completely on his own. This is very good! Because of this, they will be tubing his feed for the 48 hours because they do not want to over work him.
I have come down with a cold so I have stayed home for the past two days, and will also be tomorrow. I'm hoping this will clear up soon so we can go see him again and continue with the breastfeeding. Travis has been doing better with this than the bottle feeding. This is the last step before coming home, since he is already breathing on his own. Travis is just over 7lbs. He has been growing very well. It is good to know that he will be a good size once he comes home.
Our laptop is in for repair so I can't post any photos today...next time! Sorry :)
No comments:
Post a Comment