We've been busy the last couple days with Christmas and with Travis but everything has been going very well. The last weight was 2370 grams (5.2lbs). Our nurse cannot believe how much he is gaining- she has never seen a baby gain that much at a time! A couple hours after I posted the last blog he was put back onto CPAP because he got a little tired so they gave him a rest with his breathing. Yesterday morning he was becoming irritated by the mask so they decided to put him back on "low flow" and he lasted about 6 hours. So it seems like they are going to try keep him mostly on the "low flow" but will be giving him breaks every once in a while for a couple of hours on the CPAP. He is very content with the nasal cannula and is more relaxed that way.
I did nurse him two days ago and Travis got 1ml, very little but for a little guy like him it is a great accomplishment. He knows how to breastfeed but he just needs to become stronger, and will get better with practice.
We would like to thank all of our family and friends during this Christmas season for your thoughts and prayers. Its has been busy but God has definitely been with us through it all and we are looking forward to next Christmas when we'll be able to spend it together.
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for this preemie God gave me to keep.
So very little, So very small,
I pray you make it through it all.
Each time I hold you skin to skin,
I hope you feel my love within.
You are so brave, you are so strong,
You came early because you belong.
Angels watch over him all through the night,
God keep him safe and help him fight.....
No comments:
Post a Comment